Sunday, November 11, 2007

I, Complicated... a poem...

"the following is a poem that i wrote... hopefully it is not amateurish..."


I am silent because I am reflecting
I am quiet because I am contemplating
I am distant because I am confused
I am distracted because I am unsure

I was happy because I thought I had
I was contended because I figured I could
I was giddy because I saw my wants
I was elated because I nearly reached

I became tired because I tried
I became bored because I bothered
I became irritated because I iterated
I became indifferent because I deferred

I thought to express but decided not
I thought to repress but easy not
I thought to digress but forever not
I thought to progress but simple not

I confided and found comfort
I recollected and found nostalgia
I braved and found courage
I relaxed and found hope

I decided so I need to execute
I searched so I need to find
I found so I need to submit
I submitted so I need to wait

I scribed and expressed my frustrations
I jotted and shared my feelings
I surmised and wrote it all
I end with a grateful heart

No comments: